Sairam Dear Center Presidents, Vice Presidents and Group Leads,
Please forward this important e-mail to your members.
Please see below advisory on Coronavirus situation from SSIO medical committee.
Prayers to Swami to protect everyone and heal the situation.
Samastha Loka Sukhino Bhavantu
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 10:53:15 PM
To: SSIO-USA All Regional Presidents <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: SSIO-USA National OBs <email@example.com>; Jack Feely <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Advisory on Coronavirus Situation
SaiRam Dear Regional Presidents,
Please forward the urgent and important note below from Dr. Joe Phaneuf and Dr. Hari Conjeevaram to all devotees at the centers and groups in your respective Regions.
President, Sathya Sai International Organization USA
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Om Sri Sai Ram.
Many of you have asked for updates and guidance on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
A comprehensive set of references are available for you at https://www.sathyasai.org/healthy-living/coronavirus.
Since the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the U.S.A. has listed this virus as a public health emergency, their information is included as Reference 1 and 2 in the link above.
We suggest some basic good hygiene practices as recommended in the CDC guidelines.
1. If you are sick, stay home, be vigilant to the symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever and cough. It is best not to attend your Sai Center, Sai Center regional events, or Sai Service Projects when you are sick or not feeling well.
2. If you are sick, please wear a face mask when you are around other people or pets.
3. Be Safe and Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
4. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Or if tissue is not available, cover with your elbow. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
6. Try to avoid international or long distance travel while the WHO or CDC have active travel warnings, and avoid large gatherings or congregations, if possible.
We suggest you go to https://www.sathyasai.org/healthy-living/coronavirus and look at the references 1 and 2 for daily updates from the CDC.
Power of Prayer
It is good to remember Swami’s guidance to remain calm in all situations. We need to follow the guidance of our national and local medical and infectious disease experts as listed above. We should remember that prayers are very powerful. The Sai Gayatri mantra as well as the Gayatri mantra is being chanted by Sai devotees around the world for the welfare of humanity. Let us all be united and pray with intensity as often as possible, especially at weekly Sai Center meetings. This is an important spiritual practice which can alleviate this global health threat due to the Coronavirus.
With Love and Sai Ram,
In Service of Sai,
Joe Phaneuf MD,
Chairman, USA Medical Committee
Hari Conjeevaram MD,
Vice-Chairman, USA Medical Committee